Miraleste Physical Education Students,
First, I hope that this message finds you well, and in good spirits. I am also hopeful that you have been keep busy physically, emotionally, and mentally in this time at home.
Next, I have made some changes to the original assignment. See below:
- Students are to engage in physical activity for 30-45 mins a day, if possible.
- They will then make an Activity/Workout Journal (notebook paper or digital document is fine) to make a record of their activities. In the journal, students will write a short summary (2-3 sentences) of how each activity will improve their overall health and physical fitness.
- This short and simple assignment is to be submitted each week either by email or by uploading to the Class Team on their Office 365 account.
- Activities include but are not limited to sporting practices, hikes, walks/jogs/runs, weight training, yoga, or basketball in the backyard.
- Should a student need some ideas or a recommended activity, the MIS PE Department has posted a workout schedule that can be found on Mr. Taylor’s Edlio page.
- CAUTION: Please do not put yourselves at risk by entering largely populated areas. If you do not currently feel comfortable with these places, then please find an alternative that works for you.
- For an occasional alternative to exercise, students can also describe a healthy choice that he or she made to benefit their health. This can be a healthy meal choice, appropriate sleeping hours, drinking plenty of water, or maintaining mental health with social interaction.
- Nothing is a complete substitute for exercise, but we can not always get outdoors. Especially, with the recent circumstances and weather.
Please, remember I expect these short journal entries each Friday. You can also feel free to reach out to me with any questions and concerns that you may have.
Be safe and healthy,