As part of the South Bay Middle School Sports League, we will be competing against other local middle schools. This is a league, is supported through our Booster Club, and meant to allow athletes to try a new sport possibly or to compete alongside their friends. While we know the athletes keep track of their record, the league does not rank teams by wins/loses. The league is simply an opportunity to play a sport for their school and have fun doing so. All levels are welcome to try out, but making a team is not automatic. Some sports will roster two teams ("A" team and a "B" Team) but due to limited facilities not all sports will have the two teams. There will be an additional participation fee to cover coaches, referees, uniforms and buses.
What to expect:
1. Season lasts about 2 months
2. After try-outs rosters will be posted on the office window, typically by end of the week.
3. Practices (usually 2/week) will begin the week after try-outs. Coaches set their practice schedule. This varies every year.
4. Games will start about 3 weeks after try-outs
5. There will be 2 games a week (usually Tues/Thurs)
5. Some games will be away and students will ride a bus to games. Parents may take child home from game if they wish
6. Once games begin, typically the practices stop as athletes are going to games instead.
7. There are no play-offs as we do not keep track of standings.
FALL - Girls Volleyball (A and B team) and Flag Football (coed - one team only)
Try-outs will be mid- September
Games start First week of October and end early November
Winter - Boy soccer (1 team), Girls soccer (1 team), Boys basketball (A and B team), Girls Basketball (A and B team)
Try-outs are early December
Games begin in January and end in February
Spring - Girls softball (1 team) and Boys volleyball (A and B team)
Tryouts are late March
Games begin mid- April and end Mid May
If you have any further questions please contact:
Any other sports at MIS are considered part of the Activities/club department. They do not compete or travel. Please contact Mrs. Godbold ( [email protected]
) for information regarding any other sport, (swimming, lacrosse, water polo, cross country, track)